I’m going to be providing you with one specific action and discussing how drinking more green tea this New Year can enhance your overall health and help you lose weight.
Now that Christmas and the related festive indulgences are over, it’s time to kick start the New Year and start working towards your New Year’s resolutions.
Why Green Tea?
Green tea is one of the most talked about health foods on the planet.
However, unlike most health foods which get lots of media attention, green tea lives up to the hype.
The reason green tea is so good for you is that it’s packed full of a group of health boosting nutrients called flavan-3-ols.
These flavan-3-ols in green tea have numerous benefits in the human body which include:
- – Keeping your blood healthy
- – Keeping your heart healthy
- – Minimizing the severity of allergies
- – Protecting against cancer
- – Strengthening your immune system
Drinks To Substitute For Green Tea
One of the biggest mistakes people make when trying to stay fit and healthy is not paying attention to their liquid calories.
They’ll count the calories they eat with scientific precision but then they’ll go and gulp down a sugar filled drink without thinking twice.
Green tea contains zero calories, so if you’re currently guilty of not paying attention to your liquid calories, drinking more green tea can cut the amount you consume and help you lose weight.
So, if you drink any of the following drinks on a regular basis, substitute them for a cup of green tea and watch the pounds melt away:
- – Beer
- – Liqueur
- – Milkshakes
- – Soda
- – Store bought coffees
Here’s A Video About The 7 Health Benefits of Green Tea & How to Drink it
Serving Suggestions For Green Tea
Although green tea is very good for you and can help you lose weight, many people find the grassy taste overpowering. So, if you’re not a huge fan of the natural taste of green tea, try one of the serving suggestions below:
1) Green Tea With Honey & Lemon: While your green tea is steeping, add a slice of lemon and a teaspoon of honey to the cup to infuse it with a sweet, citrus flavor.
2) Green Tea Smoothie: Place a chilled cup of green tea into a blender along with a selection of your favorite fruits and blend all the ingredients until they’re frothy for a sweet, fruity green tea smoothie.
3) Iced Green Tea: Place some green tea leaves along with a selection of your favorite fruits and herbs into a bowl.
Then add hot water to the bowl and let the ingredients steep for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, strain the mixture into a large jug and chill it in the fridge for at least 1 hour to create a refreshing iced green tea.
While green tea is something of an acquired taste, drinking it can help boost your health in countless ways.
Plus, since it contains zero calories, the more green tea you drink, the less liquid calories you’ll consume and the more weight you’ll lose.