A mother has issued a warning after her seven-year-old son’s hand blew up “like a balloon” and suffered second-degree chemical burns from picking limes.
Camron Suilla, of Hollister, California, was left with traumatic injuries after a day spent picking oranges and limes with his little sister during a family trip to Disneyland.
The schoolboy had no symptoms at first, but three days later he complained to his mom, Janelle Suilla, 32, that his right hand was stinging.
She dismissed it at first but rushed him to hospital the following night when his hand swelled up “like a balloon”.
Medics diagnosed the youngster with the skin condition Phytophotodermatitis, which is caused by a reaction between the juice from citrus fruits and sunlight.
The little-known condition, which is most commonly triggered by limes, can lead to blistering, stinging and raw burning flesh.
Source: FOXNews.com — Read: Original Article