Stress and anxiety can wreak havoc on your mental state and eventually cause physical problems.
If you haven’t been diagnosed with a deeper mental health problem such as depression or bi-polar disorder, you may want to try some proven solutions to gain a more positive mindset.
Solutions include meditation, CDs (guided imagery), Yoga, Tai Chi, music and reading positive books or articles. Hypnotherapy and acupuncture have also been used successfully in helping calm the body and mind.
1. Yoga works to relieve stress and anxiety by conditioning your body through poses or postures. It helps you become aware of certain aspects of your body and the energy passing through it and helps you breathe in a more relaxed state to gain healing oxygen.
The more you practice Yoga, the more you’re able to focus on relaxing your body and mind. Modern-day medicine experts agree that the ancient practice of Yoga can improve brain function and strengthen the body and bone.
2. Visualization is another way to achieve your goal of mental health by learning to relax and clear your mind so you can focus and learn. You can use any technique using diagrams, mind images or animation to communicate positive ideas.
Visualization has been used at some point by almost everyone who has achieved great success. They use the ability to imagine themselves in successful situations or overcoming problems such as stage fright (fear of speaking in public) and sports challenges (used by Olympians).
A winning mindset often begins by visualizing how it would feel to achieve a big success or complete a goal you’ve been working on for a long time. It’s a psychological method that can provide the needed confidence and motivation you need to gain a positive mindset and flourishing mental health.
3. Tai Chi is another technique now used all over the world to bring about the calm and inner peace needed to achieve goals – both physical and mental. Tai Chi is often referred to as “meditation in motion.”
It uses gentle physical exercise and stretching techniques combined with mindset strategies to bring about fitness, flexibility and to reduce pain and anxiety associated with depression or stress.
Muscle strength, mood elevation, more energy, improved focus and lower blood pressure are added benefits of Tai Chi. The popularity of Tai Chi has risen over the past few years and you can find classes in almost every town or city. Online guidance is also available.
4. Floatation Therapy (Isolation Tanks) is a fairly new method of achieving a calm mind and more energized body. Isolation tanks were originally thought of as deprivation tanks because they’re void of light or sound and used as a form of alternative medicine, but the new name of Floatation Therapy sounds more positive.
Although the health benefits have been widely touted by some, the full medical assessment is still out on Flotation Therapy. Many now seek Floatation Therapy treatment for such conditions as chronic pain, arthritis and muscle tension.
Some claim that Flotation Therapy helps them cope with stress and anxiety and prepare for major mental hurdles such as speeches or stressful personal situations. You can purchase small, personal Flotation devices online or check with your local healthcare provider to find commercial locations in your area.
5. Hypnotherapy is another method used for generations to increase mental acuity and solve problems that may be preventing you from achieving success. Low self-esteem is a mindset that can keep you from success – and hypnotherapy is a known method to help raise your opinion of yourself.
Negative thoughts that run through your mind and decimate your courage and strength can be turned around by communicating with yourself in a hypnotic way. Hypnosis is safe and can help you relax and refocus your attention to empowerment rather than negative self-thinking.
You may choose to add the method of aromatherapy among the many ways to achieve positive mindset. Essential oils, herbs and spices can be used to reverse negative energy and set up your mind for positive thoughts and energy.
Certain aromas from plants and herbs such as lavender, sandalwood and cedarwood can get your mind back on track. Essential oils from these plants produce healing aromas that help us feel more stable and powerful. It’s an easy, inexpensive and pleasant way to improve the mindset.