Are you looking for a sweets that you can incorporate in you diet?
Well look no further because we have 2 of the best healthy low fat recipes available in town. You will definitely love these 2 biscuit recipes that is about to be introduce to you.
It is very easy to make, delicious, and most of all, low fat.
The first recipe is called English Macaroons.
You might think that it is the same as the French Macaroon but it’s not. They are pretty similar but French Macaroons are much too fiddly to make compared to English Macaroons.
Making English Macaroons is so much easier, homely, and best of all, just as delicious and low fat as the other one.
To prepare for the recipe, here are the things you would need.
- You need 2 large eggs, 100 grams of caster sugar, 125 grams of desiccated coconut, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Get your oven to startup, preheat it to 170 degrees Celsius, and let eggs adjust to room temperature.
- Prepare two baking trays placing greaseproof paper on each one, and set them aside as of now.
- Turn your attention to the eggs and separate the whites placing them into a big bowl.
- You need to whip them using either an electric or hand whisk.
Take note that you need to whip the egg white until they are forming soft peaks if you try to lift the whisk from it. This usually will just take around 2 minutes with an electric whisk while it takes as much as 10 minutes if done manually.
- Next step is to mix 50 grams of caster sugar into your whites.
- Later on, add the desiccated coconut along with the remaining sugar and fold it using a metal spoon.
- The vanilla will be drizzled on top of it, and gently fold after.
- Get a tablespoon and drop the mounds to the baking trays. Bake them for 15 to 20 minutes and you got yourself a warm delectable treat!
The second recipe is called the Spiced Crisp Cookies.
This is an adaptation of the Moravian Crisps from Eastern Europe but they are spiced up with ginger and cinnamon.
Materials you need include:
- 60 grams vegetable shortening, 125 grams of soft brown sugar, 6 tablespoons of molasses, 225 grams of flour, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, and 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- Start with preheating your oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Melt the sugar, shortening, and molasses until they are smooth using a pan.
- Get yourself a large bowl and sift the flour baking powder and spices in it.
- Pour in the shortening mixture by making a well in the center.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir it and with your hands, form the dough into a round shape by patting it.
- Wrap them up using a clingfilm and store insider the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Get a board, lightly flour it and roll out the dough as thin as you can.
- Use a spatula or a fish slicer to cut them into rounds and bake them for 10 minutes.
- Let them cool down and you’re done.
Use both of these low fat recipes and you will surely enjoy making them and even more in eating them.